March 14, 2017
The City of Wilkes-Barre will utilize private contractors for snow removal for the following streets and areas:
- Blackman St. from Twp. line to Carey Ave.
- Hazle St. From Blackman to Blvd.
- Carey Ave. from Twp. Line to Academy St.
- Hanover St. from S. Main to Carey. (hospital Access)
- Northampton St. from Wilkes-Barre Township line to Wilkes-Barre Blvd.
- The Downtown area from North to South St. and River to the Blvd.
- Scott St. from East Main St. to Mill St.
- George Ave. from Washington to Scott St.
- E. Main St. from Washington to Scott St.
- Around Wilkes-Barre General Hospital
- Around Fire Stations
Contracted snow removal of main roadways will begin around 7:00 PM and work through the night, until snow begins to clear. Please understand that it will take some time and effort to get the City opened when the snow stops.
Additionally, residents are urged to stay out of Downtown Wilkes-Barre and main thoroughfares so that DPW can clear the way for emergency services.
Residents are advised to stay off the roads during the weather event, unless it is an absolute emergency. The City is in a BLIZZARD WARNING. Please plan accordingly.
Updates during the storm will be posted to the City of Wilkes-Barre’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wbcity.